I have been looking at the feasibility of swapping a modern diesel into a project car, i ran across some threads on various message boards that indicated people have used embedded linux systems to make the swap feasible. here are some highlights from a website i ran across during my searches.
- Makes TDI engine conversions simple
- Uses existing sensors
- Fully configurable to match engine / turbo setup
- VNT turbo control
- Auxiliary maps custom functions (like dual turbo changeover map, fans, etc.)
- Affordable hardware
- Live configuration over USB
- Should also work with inline pumps (MB diesel engines)
- Current status: works fine – used with daily driven car.
I would like to try using an OM606t to swap into a w463 gwagen, to have a unique daily driver. this might be the ticket to making this possible.
more to come